Thursday 13 December 2012

Main Project: Peer Assessment

This week was the peer assessment, and I received some positive feedback on my design and research work to date. On the whole my work was well-received, and the following areas of achievement were highlighted:

  • 'Incorporated recycling and green design together'
  • 'Good research in design'
  • 'Great design ideas'
  • 'Thought about sustainability a lot'
  • 'Modern, as in it's current and fashionable'
It seems that the group liked my designs for the reasons that I have chosen them, the eye-catching nature of the logo which incorporates sustainability into the heart of the company and the modern and youthful style to attract a younger generation of consumers. I also received some useful pointers to help develop and improve the design further:
  • 'Show some completely different idea alternatives - two & symbols are a bit confusing'
  • 'Research more in sustainable things'
  • 'I liked some of your initial ideas more than your final design' (shown below)
  • 'Possibly generate a couple more initial ideas'
  • 'Show how it developed to final'
These opinions showed concerns that I had perhaps chosen my final design to develop too early in the design process and didn't consider many alternatives at an initial stage. This is a correct assessment of my work as the ampersand was at the forefront for the design process, because I thought it could become an eye-catching symbol of the sustainable redesign and incorporated into advertising strategies. I should have considered more design options earlier on, but the fact that the design I'm working with is well liked gives me encouragement that I settled on a viable design. One point mentioned that they preferred the style of logo shown above to the one featured on the bottle.

Both of the logos are to be used in the campaign, but maybe I could make better use of the more linear design on the bottle packaging too. The reason I plumped for the simplified version is it's simplicity and visibility from distance but I will mock-up some more alternatives and try out other permutations.

No comments:

Post a Comment