Thursday 13 December 2012

Main Project: Label


I decided to mock-up my label design with all the information needed as my previous prototype was stripped back to just the front label and the QR code on the back. I used the dimensions from the original label and have laid out much of the information in the same way, as a way to analyse the aesthetics and see if there are any areas I can simplify.

I have used a darker orange than in previous designs to bring it more in line with their current colour scheme, and have enlarged the orange area. The 'Worcestershire Sauce' subtitle on the front is out of the orange square to show that it is a different entity, as it could be changed for other products such as the garlic sauce.

The QR Code and recycling information are also featured on an orange background to make them stand out against less visually important information such as ingredients and customer care elements. As visibility has been a major factor in sustainability schemes I feel this is justified and also makes the QR Code stand out more as that is the main selling point of my design.

I have included all the elements from the back of the label except the recipe ideas and a little on the history as these can be included on the mobile app or website and give more room to promote that and the sustainability themes. The rest of the data is less expendable and some is required by law and must remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment